Monday, August 8, 2011

First Winner O'Swag!

Drum roll puhlease.....*reaches into an Abraham Lincoln-style hat and pulls out the name of*...Becky Taylor! Actually, it was random.org that picked Becky, and I thought it was a very fitting choice. Here's why: As I prepped this post for the winner announcement, I flitted over to Becky's very cool blog in order to link it...only to discover that not only had she Tweeted about my blog contest, but she actually dedicated a post on her blog about it. So umm, I'm a little creeped out that random.org knew she completely deserved Maggie Stiefvater's The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. (Did you know that Becky's first YA novel, Ascendant, is repped by Emma Patterson of the Wendy Weil Agency? Well, now you do, my friend. Now you do.)

So congrats to Becky, and thanks so much for your word-o-mouth efforts! For everyone else, stay tuned for details of the next Season of Swag giveaway coming soon!

Also, stop by Mindy McGinnis''s blog de awesome, Writer Writer Pants on Fire tomorrow to read a little ole interview with my own self. Mindy's calling it the SHIT interview series: Submission Hell--It's True! I think she might be onto something here!

Happy Monday!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you Anna (but mostly thank you Random.org--your 20 is in the mail.) I will be sure to check out your interview and Mindy's blog.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I have to check out both blogs, and congratulations to Becky! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy, Becky! I'm 1/2 way thru FOREVER...eee

    And BBC does great interviews. I'm sure it will be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a cool coincidence. That's Karma for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats again, Becky. I'm shipping off the Swag today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My swag is coming, my swag is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an award for you! Stop by and get when you get the chance :o) www.angelavcook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete